Tuesday, October 30, 2007

First day of Pre School!


Yeah it was so weird to send Peyton somewhere and leave him all alone without my constant supervision. I have heard people say that it is hard to let go, but didn't understand it until now. I was so nervous the whole time. I mean he has been away from me plenty, with grandparents, aunties, uncles, and even at church. But this was different, he didn't know his teachers or any of the other kids. What if he needed something and they couldn't help him right away? Peyton was pretty used to being the center of attention, how would he react to the teachers having 20 other kids to look after. It was actually quite emotional for me, I didn't cry but I felt a lot of different feelings. It is hard to trust that someone else is going to look after the best interest of your child when you aren't there. Then hope that he adjusts well, doesn't cause interruptions, and gets along with the other kids. It was a lot to take in at once.......but we made it. The first few weeks were kind of tough, we had a few days that he didn't really want to go, one day I went to get him out of his seat and he grabbed on to me and wouldn't let go and started crying....the teacher told me to park the van and come in for a few minutes. So we went in and they tried to distract him with some toys, nothing seemed to work and he kept getting more and more worked up. I was afraid that he was going to cause the other kids to get upset so I asked the teachers if it was ok if I took him home for a few minutes and brought him back. They agreed. Tim was still home that day, he was just about to leave to paint my sister Tracy's house. I called him on my way home and told him what was going on......."I'll take care of it" was all he said. As soon as I pulled in the driveway Tim got Peyton and took him back. I was very curious to see who was going to win this battle. About 10 minutes later Tim came back alone, very impressive. He said when they got back there they were about to say "The Pledge of Allegiance". Tim was in all of his paint clothes, with his hat on (with major bed head hair) and he said that he had to take it off. He pulled his hat off and said "what does my hair look like", I was rolling on the floor, his hair was so wild. I so wish I had a picture of that! But after Tim sat there with him for a minute he just finally looked at Tim and said "I'm all better now, you can go back to work" and that was that.


Another cute story his teacher told me was about the first day. She said they were trying to explain to all of the kids that everyday they would stand and say "The Pledge of Allegiance", and when the finally had all 20 of the kids standing with their hands on their hearts and had them all under control......Peyton shouted "All Aboard"!! (don't ask me where he got that) She said everyone just started laughing.

4 comments:

TinaBean said...

Peyton is getting to be such a big boy. It makes me sad too. But I love seeing him grow up.

Jamie Eyre said...

YAY! I'm so glad you decided to start blogging. I love getting to know everyone better. Your blog doesn't need any work. It is wonderful. I'm going to add you to my list OK? I can't believe Peyton is in Preschool. And Addison is getting so big. They are both darling. Please keep in touch. It was really good to hear from you!

grandma day said...

Hi Tiff
I love your new blogspot great job
love Grandma Day

Emily said...

oh Peyton is such a cutie. Welcome to the world of blogging, I'm so glad you joined. I didn't even know you were a blog reader... and you were all along! Love ya.