Sunday, October 28, 2007

July in Alaska

My parents were so excited to meet our little sweetie pie, in this picture dad was telling Addison what a big double chin she has........wonder where that came from;) I love you dad!
I know, those of you who don't know who this is.....it is my mom, not my sister!
This was one of our really good catches this summer, I didn't have my camera that same day on the second trip.....but the fish were even bigger!

This is Tim's Salmon Shark......we only see about one a summer. Pretty cool!
For those of you who aren't familiar with a July in Alaska one word will probably sum it up.......ciaos! Last year when my brother Tim and Katy called to tell us that they were going to have a baby, of course I was totally pumped for them but was thinking "oh wow we are in so much trouble next summer without Katy to help us". Well about two weeks later I wasn't feeling well myself and discovered that hmmmmm I was prego too. The first call I made was to my parents to tell them the news, and to make them swear that they would come up in July to help us, now I was totally freaking out. I did not know how the heck we were going to make it through. After Katy's mom left my mom arrived a couple of days later, then a week or so after that my dad showed up......whew, once they were there I felt so much better about life. My mom had our office whipped into shape in no time. July is always our busiest month, we are pretty much booked solid with all three boats having two trips a day (6-8 hours each trip). The only way we get a day off is if the wind is blowing enough that the boats can't get out, which didn't happen to much this year. I tell you all of this because with having that many trips you can imagine all of the fish that comes into our office. That is where Dad comes in, and let me tell you that guy is a fish cuttin machine! I know that my parents probably worked more this year than they wanted to, but we couldn't have done it without them. Thanks!!!

No comments: