Friday, November 30, 2007

Our Thanksgiving!

This year we went to my sister Tracy's house for Thanksgiving. I am kind of bummed that because we were so busy with all of the cooking I didn't get any photos of our day. But our meal was awesome! My favorite was the mashed potatoes (my mother-in-laws famous recipe:). The people we shared the food with were; mom, dad, Tracy, Cody, Tina, Ava, Jake, Tony, Katlyn, Todd, Taylor and my four. Tracy and Cody have just finished their new home and it looks beautiful, it was a great day. But the best part of Thanksgiving is taking a good look at your life and thinking about all you have to be thankful for. So here is my list......and why.

  • My Wonderful Husband! He has a great sense of humor, he can look at any situation and find something funny about it. He is an awesome morning person, (which since I am not, comes in very handy when Peyton wakes up at 5 a.m.). He is very supportive in everything I do, whether it is the latest exercise program I am attempting or going with me to church-not because it is necessarily where he wants to spend his Sunday-but because he knows that I will need help with the kids and I hate sitting alone. He is such a hard worker, he recently started his own painting business and I am so amazed at how great he is doing. He is the worlds best dad, Peyton adores him and Addison just gets the biggest grin on her face when she sees him. Another thing I really love about him is how big his heart is when it comes to children. It doesn't matter whose child it is, it could be some kid on a tv show that needs a new kidney or something like that and he just gets so emotional, it is so cute....one of my favorite things (hope I am not in trouble for mentioning that;) Tim and I have been married almost 7 years and I love him more now than ever.
  • My Kids! They are the light of my day and I didn't honestly know the happiness that children would bring to my life. I wondered how I could love another child as much as I loved Peyton, but like magic they arrive and you can't imagine life with out them. I hope with all my heart that I can be a good mother.
  • Last but not least My Faith! I am so thankful for the peace and hope it gives me. The knowledge of who I am, where I came from, and where I am going. I am thankful that my parents tried their best to instill in each of us a strong sense of a belief in God. One of my favorite quotes is "We are not human beings on a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings on a human experience"

No comments: