Monday, November 5, 2007

The Funnies!

IS THAT BOY A GIRL?

So Peyton and I were at Lowes in April before we left to come to Alaska. We were waiting in line and the kid working was African American and had both ears pierced with huge diamond studs.......Peyton was just staring at him and I was starting to get nervous of what was going to say. Well just before our turn he says to me "Mom, is that boy a GIRL?" I was dying....I said trying to be very quiet "nope that boy is a boy". "Well why is that boy wearing earrings?" I said "well some boys just like to." Talk about wanting to crawl into a hole, by this time the poor kid was listening to everything.....luckily kind of laughing about it.

BIG BAD WOLF!

We were in the store next door the other day and Peyton talked me into giving him a quarter for the candy machine, well they about all fell out all over the floor so the lady working gave him a little bag for his candy. He thought that was pretty cool and was swinging it around as we were walking around. Then this guy passed us......Yeah had gray hair and really long gray eyebrows, and a mustache, well Peyton thought he had a "mean" look on his face and he said "Mom that big bad wolf wanted to take my candy away!" I was dying.....the guy kind of turned around and looked at us. I don't know if he heard him or not! But after we left Katy and I had a good laugh about the big bad wolf. Peyton was actually kind of right he did look a little big bad wolfish!

There is a good and a bad thing about kids growing up and gaining their independence.......they so want to do everything on their own and prove to you they can do it. The down side is that they don't want any help from you and get very frustrated say when they can't do up their own pants. I love that Peyton wants to do things on his own.....even though it seems like it can soooo long. The other day he insisted on getting himself dressed. So with both legs in one side of his undies, and his shirt and pants on backwards here he is like nothing at all is wrong!!



I have been trying to explain to Peyton how important it is for him to listen to his body when he needs to use the rest-room, instead of waiting until the last minute and having an accident. So he said back to me "mom what does my bum say?" I said "your body tries to tell you when it is time to go potty". "My bum talks?" he says. So a few days later I see him dancing around obviously he needs to pee. I said "Peyton your body is trying to tell you it needs to go potty". And as he was running to the bathroom with his head turned looking at his bottom I heard him saying "o.k. bum I am coming I am coming".

What do you want to be when you grow up?
This is what Peyton asked me the other day. I thought about it for a second and said "a famous singer (my childhood dream). "I don't think you are going to be a famous singer mom, how about a princess?" Works for me!

I wanted to make a post that will help me remember all of the funny things that Peyton (and some day Addy) says and does. If you can think of anything that I have left off please remind me! I will be adding to this post as they come along so check it every once in a while.

BUSTED!

After about 3 (or was it 10) attempts to put Peyton down for a nap he finally gave up (or so I thought). I went down stairs to do some office work and had to make a few phone calls. Well after being on hold for what felt like forever I finally got a real live person, miracles do happen. About 3 minutes into our conversation I hear little feet running around over my head and down the stairs he comes. "Good Morning"(what he says no matter what time of day it is:). "No Peyton you didn't nap yet, go back upstairs and go to BED", he just looked at me and with this little grin said "ok mom". Little turkey knew that I couldn't make him nap right now. A few minutes later I hear the back door slam shut....(he is so busted when I get off this phone) was running through my head. When I finally got off the phone I went upstairs all set to give him a good scolding....well I looked out the door and he was chasing Stella with his shovel, with one cowboy boot and one flip-flop with his sock on. Well the one with the flip-flop was barely staying on so he was running really funny to keep it on. How could I be mad? I just started laughing and grabbed my camera.


Just RELAX mom!

One of Peyton's favorite things to do is to "help me with the dishes". Even if there are no dirty dishes he loves to get a bunch of water and wash my clean ones. It usually involves about a half a bottle of dish soap, and an inch of water over everything. One day I left him "doing dishes" by himself for a little too long and came in and said something like "oh mercy look at this mess Peyton, there is water all over the place." He looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed and said "just RELAX mom, just calm down". Out of the mouths of babes......that was the first time he had told me that, but have to say it was pretty good advice.



I have a Button?


The other day Peyton and I were working out of a preschool book my mother-in-law gave me. We were looking at a group of things that go together, the first object was a needle and Peyton had to tell me what went with it a tree or a spool of thread. Well this whole needle and thread idea was new to Peyton so I was trying to explain to him the concept of sewing. I said see this button on your shirt? Someone took a needle and thread and put it on there. He just got this gleam in his eyes and said "I have a button?" I said "yeah right there see?" "Well can I push my button like Buzz Lightyear?" It was so hilarious, he was very disappointed to find out that his button didn't really do much. I catch him by himself a lot lately talking into his arm like Buzz Lightyear. On our way home the other night I saw heard him say to his arm "Dad this is Buzz Lightyear we are on our way cracks me up!

4 comments:

Jamie Eyre said...

What a funny little boy you have! I would be laughing all day.
I just got the invitaion for Tracy's shower, is there anything I can do to help?

TinaBean said...

I love the flip-flop and cowboy boot...I am sure I can help you think of a million cute things Peyton has said!

Kim said...

Tiff you have the most incredible little boy! I just love his personality and his outlook on life! Keep posting the funnies and I look forward to reading them! We all need to get together for lunch or something one day-Give me a call if you are ever up my way!
941-4965

tracy said...

I had to read through "the funnies" again, they crack me up!! Peyton is so funny and knows exactly what is going on!