Tuesday, July 8, 2008

MESSY!

Can I just say that I am DONE cleaning up human excretions for a while! Here are the stories.....it might be an "over-share" as we call it in my family, (this has not been approved for all audiences-viewer discretion is advised, consider yourself warned!)
Story #1
The other day I was in a mood to do a little cleaning, Addison was taking a nap and Peyton was at the office helping daddy. I was almost done cleaning under and rearranging the couches, when I heard Addison wake up. She was just talking and playing and so I decided to try to finish up my mess before going to get her.......BAD IDEA!! I finally go in to get her and her room smelled REALLY bad, I turned the light on and went to get her and noticed something brownish all over her face, that's right her FACE! She is just sitting there smiling at me with POOP all over her and all over everything. It took me a minute to actually believe what I was seeing. She had an up the back blowout, then decided to play in it......I think she might have even eaten it, as it was all over her binki. I know the GROSSEST thing you have ever heard right! Well it was all over her clothes, pillow, bedding, even on the bumper. It was pretty much the nastiest thing that has ever happened to me! After getting her cleaned up and ready to go in the tub, there was a knock on the door. Our sweet neighbor had brought us some rhubarb pies. She could see my predicament and naked baby still with some poo on her nose and didn't stay long. However Stella did manage to get in when she left....which I didn't notice. So after getting Addison out of the tub I come back out to find Stella dragging the diaper all over!!! I could have died. Really looking back on this, I don't know how I made it through that! I called the doctor to see if there was anything we needed to worry about, she said more than likely she will be fine, just watch her. WHEW made it through that one!
Story #2
Peyton started complaining of his tummy hurting that morning. He didn't really feel like doing much and just wanted to watch tv. It was the 5th of July and there was a rodeo here in Ninilchik. Tim had been wanting to take him so we all loaded up and were off. He just sat there most of the time. We did convince him to go out to do the calf chase, I think he had fun but was just not feeling good! We get home and he was complaining of his tummy, and at 7:00 told us he just wanted to go to bed......something was definitely wrong. We were all out in the kitchen/living room when he comes out crying and said I Phrew-UP all over! I felt so bad we didn't even hear him get up. He tried to make it to our bathroom, without going into details lets just say it was really disgusting. Tim was there to help me with that one!
Story #3
So a couple of days later I had just got the kids bathed and dressed and was just finishing getting Peyton's pants on. When Addison gave me this weird look, it almost looked like she was choking on something. She started crawling toward me and I said "Peyton will you go grab her cup I think she needs a drink" well being concerned for his sister he comes over to her face and says "oh whats wrong" you can probably guess what happened next......yep more throw up all over all the three of us. I felt so bad for Peyton he started crying because it had just gotten all over his favorite shirt (his USA tie die from B-ginia). He kept saying "mom you should have patted her back better so she doesn't throw up" it's funny that he remembers me doing that like 6 months ago. Anyways I think she got whatever bug Peyton had. It didn't seem to last long. But I think that one was the hardest one for me. A while ago we had to switch Addison from Cows milk to Goat milk because she wasn't doing good on Cows. Anyways I don't know why I am so grossed out at goats milk, she seems to like it. But I can't bring myself to try it, I don't even like the way it smells. So cleaning that one the second time up was really hard for me.

I really hope this was the last time I have to clean up nastiness for a long while. I remember staying at Sharon's house once and all of her kids got sick. I was trying to help her clean them up and help her bathe them. I couldn't do it, I was gagging the whole time. I told her that if my kids ever did this, I really didn't think I could clean it up. She just laughed. But it must be a mothers instinct that kicks in, because somehow you just do what you have to do for your kids.

10 comments:

tracy said...

I want to say that I know how ya feel, but Thayne hasn't tried eating his poop yet!! He has been having some major blowouts!! I get his bed or my bed cleaned and the next day he poops and it gets it all over!! I hope the kids are feeling better and I hope you don't have any more "messes" for a while!! See ya soon!! WAY....the summer actually is going by fast! Tell Tim I say Hi!! Or is he still mad at me??

Weston, Brittany, Kyce, Cody, and Kaizley said...

Isn't motherhood great. I know exactly(well not exactly) how you feel. I have a really hard time with throw up. I still gag through the whole clean up. Hope you guys are doing good. I know that Weston is counting down the days till he gets there. Take care and tell everyone hi.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah....NASTY! Poor Kids, and poor YOU!! Ava hasn't done anything too nasty yet except poop in the tub once :) and I almost couldn't stomach that....good luck with me and potty training. Sorry Sis. Love ya. You are such a good mom.

angie said...

Oh Tiff I'm so sorry! I know how incredibly NASTY things can be!! One of my kids had the big D once, and right after his bath he stood on the family room CARPET floor and screamed "I can't hold it!" Poop was just running down his legs and everywhere! How's that for overshare!! Hang in there, you're a great mom you can do it! Hope everyone feels better soon! Thank goodness for washing machines and other modern conveniences!! Love ya, angie

Hutchinson said...

Oh what you wouldn't do for your kids. They love to keep you movin huh! I'm really sorry! Oh by the way Addison is so beautiful. She has grown so much since I've seen her. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

After cleaning up after all of Tim's messes for the first 20 or so years, I have to say I was proud to hear that he helped clean up after his kids mess! I once knew a Mom who had twins with the same experience but double! And she left them alone even longer...much BIGGER mess. Hang in there, it does get better and bigger...LOL Love you all, Mama K

Anonymous said...

I loved this blog, it makes me laugh. Not only does it gross you out to clean up the mess, but the whole time your heart is hurting for your kids because you know they probably aren't feeling well. The first time Isabel threw up, I couldn't sleep because I felt so bad for her. Motherhood is a crazy, wonderful thing.

Anonymous said...

PS Thanks for cleaning up Isabel's puke! You are great.

Anonymous said...

Hey - I just have to tell you how much your comment cheered me up. It made me laugh. Being pregnant really SUCKS! Not one day goes by that I don't feel horrible. Don't get me wrong - I'm so grateful that I can have my own kids, but it is an extremely hard nine months. So I don't think we're wimps - just kinda CRAZY for having more than one :) I just have to tell myself each day what a blessing they will be when they are here (throw up and poop and all)!
Your stories cracked me up. One day you can read through those and laugh. I had the same poop incident with Avrie. It was all over her bed, in her hair, all over her, on the floor, on the wall, and she ate some too. The older girls and I walked into the room, and we all started dry-heaving. Ashtyn ran to the other side of the house and buried her nose in a blanket, and Kenadee had to hide her nose in her shirt while she watched Avrie in the tub for me - while I was cleaning everything else up. I hope the messes had calmed down for now. Thanks again for the comment and sorry for my novel.

Farah said...

Ewwwwwwwww! Your kids are gross. hahaha! I'll just keep my fingers crossed so that doesn't happen to me! I would have to call Hugo home from work to help me w/that one b/c I just don't do pooh! That's why Leilah is potty trained already, hahaha:)