Saturday, June 2, 2012

Max is 3!

Where do I start with my little man?  He is such a sweetheart....totally loves his mommy.  He just melts my heart everyday.  He wakes up in the morning and has to find me and get some cuddle time in.  He tells me all of the time that he loves me.  Peyton and Addi have always been more inclined to want their dad, and dad will definitely do in a pinch for Max but I have to say of all of the kids he misses me the most when I am gone and usually just wants his mommy:) 

Max got to celebrate his 3rd Birthday with Grandpa Redmon!  My dad came out to stay til I had the baby.....the one I haven't had yet.  The one that was supposed to be here 5 days ago!!  Not that I am counting;) My dad left after being here for a week without seeing his new grand baby, I felt so bad it didn't work out the way we thought it would.   But it was great to have him here, the kids loved seeing him (and his dog Lucy.....Max calls her Goosey which is kind of sticking:), and he totally spoiled me, he went on walks with the kids, read books with Peyton, slap jack and war with Addi, did the dishes, made dinner almost every night he was here, he even unloaded my groceries and put them away for me!!  I probably got more naps in the week he was here than in my whole pregnancy.....come to think about it, that is probably why I never went into labor.... lol didn't do enough:).    Maybe this baby just really wanted to have her own birthday month....she didn't want to share with all of the crazy May birthdays in our family!  But thanks for driving all of the way out here dad and for putting up with me being uncomfortable and cranky.....Love you:)

On to Max's big day.  Poor little guy was getting sick on his birthday and didn't really feel that good, but he tried so hard to have fun.  This picture was of right before we left for the Folsom Zoo to see some animals and more importantly ride the train!


There were so many peacocks at this zoo and my kids loved trying to get close to them, they are really beautiful birds, but wow are they noisy little things!


Round two of the train ride:)  Max loved it!
Present time!  This is his party dance, he was so cute dancing around so excited to open his presents.
Then Pey and Addi decided to join in...
Not a good picture but they were all having such a fun moment dancing together:)
First present he opened....trains!!
I need to add a side note that because my parents don't live close by and because they almost have 19 grand kids, they usually just send money to the kids, I know my mom feels bad that they never have anything to open from them but I love it, I always have some money to put in their savings accounts and I know that they will be glad for it someday:)  So thanks mom and dad!  The kids usually get to much stuff anyways, it was just a lucky suprise that grandpa got to be here on his birthday!
Some really good water squirters for the pool.
His big present was a train set that goes with the one he got for Christmas....he threw his hands up in the air and said YES!!
A few years back Peyton and Addi got suitcases from Grandma and Grandpa Kelly, well he has wanted one ever sine he could drag theirs around....and that is what he got from G & G Kelly!!  He was so excited and has toted that thing all over with him ever since:)
Max also got some new clothes from G & G Kelly.....thanks:)

4 comments:

Katy said...

Wow, I seriously can't believe he is 3! Remember when you brought him to the Gorge and he was like 3 months old? That's how I still think of him, as your little baby. I hope you have your babe soon. Too bad your dad couldn't be there! Sounds like he was super good help!

TinaBean said...

Dad makes a very good nanny goat I would have to say!!! Glad you got to spend time with him. I definitely thought that this baby girl wanted to be born in June so she could be different in your family :). But that would be cool to have her on Ava's bday (OK, well cool for Ava...not so cool for you :). She will be here any time...I can feel it...and I am SO excited!!!

Love you!!
Hang in there!
Miss you!!

TinaBean said...

Oh and another Happy bday to cute little Max!! He is getting to big! Hope he is feeling better!

Becky said...

AHHHH...I miss you so much! I love the pics and I am waiting anxiously for word...any day...waiting...You guys are so awesome!