Thursday, February 23, 2012

Which Loved Best?

Which Loved Best?

"I love you, Mother," said little John.
Then forgetting his work, his cap went on.
And he was off to the garden swing,
Leaving his Mother the wood to bring.
"I love you, Mother," said little Nell.
"I love you more than tongue can tell."
Then she teased and pouted half the day,
Till Mother rejoiced when she went to play.

"I love you, Mother," said little Fan.
"Today I'll help you all I can."
To the cradle then she did softly creep,
And rocked the baby till it fell asleep.

Then stepping softly, she took the broom,
And swept the floor, and dusted the room.
Busy and happy all day was she
Helpful and cheerful as a child could be.

"I love you, Mother," again they said.
Three little children, going to bed.
How do you think that Mother guessed,
Which of them really loved her best?

By Joy Allison


I remember hearing this poem when I was a little girl and loved it!  We used to get together with a couple of families and have a family night together.  (It was the Richards and Keeleys).  I remember Brother Keeley who was the seminary teacher reading this to us.  Do any of my siblings remember this? Anyways I was trying to hunt down a copy to share with my kiddos......and finally found it.  I really wanted to put it on my blog so that when the hard copy gets lost I will always have it somewhere!  My kids loved it and let me just tell you, it is a great one to share when there is a lot of house work to be done ;) ;).