Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ponderings on Life by a 4 year old

Peyton and I have been having some pretty deep conversations lately about life and growing up.

Peyton got up one morning and proceeded to tell me this (me fresh out of bed too).
"Mom when I grow up and I have a son, and when I go work with dad you are going to have to take really good care of my son OK?" "OK honey I will" "And when he tries to sneak into those cookies you just get really mad at him OK?" "OK I won't let him get into those cookies."
Then he left, just wanted to make sure to give me that memo:)

A few days later as I was putting him to bed.....
"Mom when I grow up I am going up to Alaska, and I am going to find a boat and learn how to drive it. Then I am going to catch fish just like daddy." "Really" I said "that's a long way from Utah." "Yeah maybe I will just stay here."

Few days after that.....
"MOM guess what?" "What honey." "When I grow up I am going to live with you and daddy with my son.....are you so excited?" "Yes, but what about your wife?" "Well, I just don't need a wife." "Really well then where are you going to get a son without a wife?" He thinks for a second and then said "I will just have to go find myself a son." "OK" I say "but most people have a wife to help them take care of a son, do you think she will want to live with us too?" "Well mom, I don't know about that."

Last night.......
"I know mom, when I grow up YOU can be my wife!" "Well honey you can't marry mommy, besides I am already daddy's wife." "OK." "I know, I can marry Addison" I could just see how perfectly this idea was working in his mind, because he knows that SHE won't have any problems living with us forever.....seemed like the perfect idea! "Well honey you can't marry your sister either, it will probably be someone that you don't even know yet." "But like who mom?" Trying to find an example that would suffice him I said "like Ashton" (the little girl down the street who is his friend Carters sister). He looks at me with a smile and said "you can't marry SISTERS silly!"

This morning.......
"Mom when I grow up and have a wife, guess what!" "What honey." "She IS going to want to live here with you and daddy FOREVER AND EVER!" I just smiled, what could I say to that?


Oh the other really cute thing he randomly came up and told me the other day.
"Mom when you have another baby, you are going to have to grow another arm!" "Really, why?" "Well, you have one arm for me and one arm for Addison, so you are going to need another arm!" EXACTLY!

6 comments:

tracy said...

The things that boys comes up with. So funny!

Anonymous said...

He's too smart for his age about putting all this life stuff together...but I just love all the things he says. He keeps you on your toes. I wouldn't know what kinds of answers to give back to some of those questions :).

The Baker Family - a red thread said...

Tiff, he sounds hilarious! Four is such a fun age, I wish they could stay that size forever! I was so happy to see you back in the blogging world-sounds like life is good. Take care!

Feller said...

How funny is he! Way to cute.

Brooke Carroll said...

How cute! That is awesome that he is such a thinker! He's already thinking about his future...What a smart boy! I enjoyed reading this, it was so sweet.

Misty said...

Hey Tif!! Congrats!! I didn't know you were having another baby! I swear my in laws don't tell us a dang thing! LOL!